Thursday, June 17, 2010

Pom pom cushions and curtain


A little while back I bought these cute little pom pom cushions from Baba & La in Paddington. They have the best cushions for the a very reasonable price. A month or so later I decided to finally make some curtains for the French doors that swing out from our lounge onto the front verandah. I've never known what to do with these doors as they have a security grill and screen on them which (although necessary) takes away from their charm. Enter the pom pom cushions...

I took the colour palette to the Brisbane Fabric Market and purchased some great striped fabric which was an exact match to the cushions. I topped it off with a strand of pom poms and an extra cushion in the curtain fabric. It looks really cute...

The little bunny softie was made by Carolyne.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

WOW!!! I just love those pom pom cushions - wish I could find something like that here!! Your curtains look fabulous, all goes together so nicely! Hope you're having a good week x

Ange said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ange said...

Pom poms always cheer me up for some reason and yours are no exception - they look great!
Brisbane Fabric Market??? Can you tell me the location for this store. I might just have to make a trip up there soon.
Angex

Sprout Gallery said...

Hi Ange
Brisbane Fabric Market is not as HUGE as it sounds but it has good quality fabrics and upholstery. The ladies are super helpful too and happy to mail fabric out to you if you don't live close.
There is one along 206 Newmarket Road, Newmarket and also 936 Stanley St, East Brisbane. Both are equally good.
Michelle

Paper Tree Studio said...

Love your curtain and the way it ties in with those gorgeous pom pom cushions. Have a good week. Michelle