Tuesday, July 20, 2010

French lattice doors


Many, many years ago I did a minor in printmaking at art college. With a graphics and illustration background behind me I somehow took to it like a fish out of water.
I long for those days where I have access to a printmaking studio, zinc etching plates, bees wax and tar, sticky ink and of course the time to sit there and meticulously etch into the plate. One of the first etchings I ever did was of this old lattice door. Don't look too closely or you'll see all the perspective and grading mistakes etc. Funny to think fifteen years later I'd actually own a house with these very doors...almost.

3 comments:

brismod said...

Is that one of your etchings?? Wow! It is wonderfully detailed. Shame you don't have access to printmaking facilities - you could do a series on your lovely house.

Stephanie said...

Gorgeous! You have serious talent!!

Paper Tree Studio said...

Hi Michelle, you know I love your artwork. A post showing the gorgeous front deck this leads to would be great! Lets keep working on getting you back into your art. Michelle