Friday, February 18, 2011

Chair painting frenzy



I have been on a bit of a chair painting frenzy of late.
My dear sweet 92 year old neighbour moved out and I inherited three mismatched dining chairs, two verandah chairs plus table, two iron outside chairs plus table and four very french looking iron wrought chairs plus a very unusual brass lamp (heavy) with chandelier thingies dangling from it - all sitting in the garage.
Anyhow, I love, love, love mismatched chairs so I have painted one old original bentwood chair, white, another kind of groovy chair, white and another heavy-ish chair, red. It looks great!
My sister-in-law then kindly dropped another two wooden chairs over to me. I am going to paint one blue and the other chair pink for the kitchen room to sit around a beat up old table. This colourful request was from my daughter.

3 comments:

Wendy C said...

oh, these are great. Do you paint or spray paint?
Wendy

cocolini said...

How are you gorgeous Miss M??!!I am wanting to paint two bar stools white. Any tips on how to get started? I have never painted a chair before. They are wooden. What is the best white paint to use?

Raine and Sage said...

I love a mis-matched chair too. Particularly partial to a bentwood chair as well. Look forward to seeing your final chair and table setting. It will be gorgeous I have no doubt!