Friday, September 10, 2010

Flower power

Here is my solution to the annoying Australian fly? 
Back in the old days I remember my Grandmother having a coloured one made of plastic. It did the trick. Not a fly made it past her doorway. This cute little flower one is not so practical (I keep getting caught on it) and will probably end up hanging in my daughter's window. We can't put a screen door here because of the door swing so I am on the lookout for all fly solutions. Looks cute, does the trick regarding flys but it catches clothing as well as deterring insects. Lucky this little side verandah only gets used for BBQs. Do excuse the webber!

4 comments:

Stacey said...

So cute!

Paper Tree Studio said...

Those pesky flies!!! At least you have a stylish solution - you can put up with a little clothing being snagged. Hope your having a great weekend. Michelle

the old boathouse said...

This is fabulous...I so agree about the flies...and the mosquitos for that matter. We don't have gauze which I am sort of happy about because I like the feeling of not being hemmed in from the outside...but the flies ahhh , love love your solution, cheers Katherine

Tina said...

What a shame it catches, it looks fabulous!!~ Tina